10 Best Body Washes for Psoriasis: Reviews & Guide
MamiesSkinCare.com is reader-supported. If you buy through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission
Over 125 million people suffer from psoriasis. This autoimmune condition causes itching and inflammation of the skin which is painful and unsightly. Although there is no cure, a great body wash is one of the most promising at-home treatments you can do to alleviate these symptoms.
Baths and showers soften and moisturize the skin. However, water alone is not good enough to remedy psoriasis, you need to choose a great body wash like the ones in our list below.
Our Top Picks for the Best Body Wash for Psoriasis
1. Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Body Wash
This body contains natural oils and emollients that provide maximum moisturization and relief for psoriasis symptoms. This moisturizer is gentle enough for anyone with sensitive skin.
The moisturizer contains oatmeal proteins as well as lipids. It preserves the skin’s natural moisture to avoid drying and flaking. It is also soap-free, dye-free, and hypoallergenic. Its creamy formula will have your skin feeling softer in no time.
- Nourishes, hydrates, and cleanses the skin.
- Gentle for sensitive skin.
- Fast-acting formula.
- Deeply moisturizes skin
- Dye and soap-free.
- Dermatologist-Recommended Brand
- Cleanses dirt, oil, and bacteria.
- Safe for all skin types.
- Great for allergy sufferers.
- Smells good without any heavy fragrances.
- Leaves you feeling fresh all day long.
2. Wild Naturals Eczema & Psoriasis Body Wash
Ideal For Sensitive Skin
This product is specifically formulated to treat eczema, psoriasis, and other skin conditions. It is pH 5.5 which makes it perfectly balanced and safe for skin. It is extremely concentrated using premium ingredients and doesn’t contain any water which increases its purity.
Manuka honey is one of its key ingredients. It is only sourced from New Zealand and has excellent antibacterial properties. Organic aloe vera is also included to promote smooth skin. It also contains vitamin E to improve skin health.
- Gentle formula safe for sensitive skin types.
- pH balanced and mild, leaving your skin soft without stripping natural oils.
- Uses organic ingredients to heal irritated or inflamed skin.
- Does not contain sulfates, SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate), dyes, harsh preservatives, or parabens.
- Uses authentic Manuka Honey.
- Helps relieve psoriasis symptoms.
3. CeraVe Cleanser for Psoriasis Treatment
Powered With Ceramides
CeraVe Cleanser helps reduce skin flare while moisturizing the skin with every wash. It is a rich source of ceramides, which will be suitable for sensitive and dry skin types. This cleanser does not contain any harsh chemicals, parabens, or fragrances.
This cleanser from CeraVe is loaded with Ceramides that help restore the skin’s natural protective barrier.
- Removes scales, dead skin and helps restore moisture balance.
- Contains urea that locks in body moisture.
- Improves skin health.
- Works on all types of skin including cracked and chafed areas.
- Contains healing lactic acid, salicylic acid, and niacinamide to provide relief from itching, scaling, and redness.
- Contains ceramides that help restore the skin’s natural protective barrier.
4. Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash
This body wash is rich in natural omega oils that provide excellent relief from psoriasis. It is gentle on the skin and prevents dryness and itching. It contains natural oils that moisturize the skin.
This product is free from fragrances, dyes, and soap, making it safe for all skin types. Dermatologists recommend this product as a great, safe option to treat your symptoms.
- Relieves dry, itchy skin.
- Dermatologist recommended.
- Rinses easily the from the skin without leaving residue behind.
- Gentle formula.
- Fragrance, dye, soap-free.
5. Tree to Tub Soapberry for Body
It has natural ingredients and is free from toxic chemicals. It uses natural botanicals to heal, nourish, and moisturize skin.
This body wash contains shea butter, cucumber, aloe vera, and chamomile. It doesn’t contain synthetic dyes or artificial fragrances. The manufacturer will refund all of your money if you don’t love the body wash.
- Cleanses, soothes, and refreshes skin.
- Keep your pH at a gentle 5.5 with this dermatologist-tested product.
- Gentle enough for sensitive skin, even safe for those with rosacea and eczema.
- Won’t dry out or irritate your skin.
- Contains natural ingredients like coconut cleansers, shea butter, aloe vera, cucumber, and chamomile.
6. Dove DermaSeries Gentle Cleansing Body Wash
With 10X Nourishing Power
This body wash was specifically designed to relieve dry skin and treat psoriasis. This body wash includes skin-natural oils, glycerin, and plant oils. It’s soap-free, fragrance-free, and non-greasy.
This product is hypoallergenic, making it safe for sensitive skin. It provides 10X the moisturizing effects of regular body washes. It has the approval of dermatologists, which proves that it delivers effective results.
- Treats severely dry skin.
- Gentle, fragrance, and soap-free formula.
- Leaves skins feeling moisturized and clean without soap residue.
- With 10x more nourishing power.
7. Aleavia Lavender Body Cleanse
100% Plant-Based Formula
This body wash contains plant-based ingredients, which allow it to treat eczema as well as psoriasis. It promotes the growth of skin-friendly bacteria, which prevents dryness and itching.
This body wash contains coconut oil, lavender, aloe vera, and essential oils. It will leave your skin feeling pampered and smooth. You can return the product within 30 days if you are unsatisfied with the product.
- Balances skin pH.
- 100% plant-based formula.
- Useful for treating other skin conditions including eczema, keratosis, and acne.
- Free from harmful chemicals like sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS).
8. Defense Soap Tea Tree Oil Body Wash
This body wash contains 100% natural tea tree and eucalyptus oils. These are the main ingredients that make it effective at treating psoriasis. This body wash is clinically proven to be effective against nail fungus and jock itch as well as a great option to beat body odor.
It is organic, non-GMO, and vegan. It does not contain sodium lauryl, triclosan, or synthetic fragrances, preservatives, or chemicals. It removes dead skin cells, regulates the production of sebum, and restores the protective skin barrier.
- Unique and versatile body cleanser.
- Helps remove dead skin cells
- Gentle enough for sensitive skin types.
- SLS, chemical, and cruelty-free.
- Maintains pH levels of the skin.
- Restores the protective skin barrier.
- The organic formula contains 100% plant-based ingredients.
9. SkyOrganics 100% Pure African Black Soap Moisturizing Body Wash
Vegan And Cruelty-Free
This is liquid black soap a product from Ghana. It contains carefully selected ingredients to moisturize the skin. This soap is a miracle cleanser because it works well not only for psoriasis, acne, and eczema.
This body wash contains organic shea butter, virgin coconut oil, and other key ingredients. The manufacturer will give you a full refund if you are not satisfied within 30 days.
- Vegan and cruelty-free.
- Uses cocoa, aloe vera, and shea butter for deep moisturization, hydration, and cleans the skin.
- Sulfates and fragrance-free.
- Contains vitamin E to increase your skin’s sheen.
10. Home Health Psoriasis Medicated Scalp and Body Wash
Great For Dry Skin Type
This medicated body wash contains 2% salicylic acid, carrot juice, aloe, jojoba oils, herbal extracts, allantoin, and jojoba oil as the main ingredients. These ingredients work together to treat psoriasis symptoms such as redness, itching, irritation, scaling, and itching.
This product is also effective for those with seborrheic and dandruff. This product is safe for sensitive skin because it does not contain artificial colors or preservatives.
- Get relief from itching, irritation, redness, and scaling.
- Easy to use for both scalp and body.
- Free of artificial color, fragrance, and paraben-free.
- Non-GMO ingredients.
- Vegan product.
- Great for dry skin.
This completes our list of the best body wash for psoriasis, now let’s see the info guide.
Things to Know About Psoriasis
Psoriasis, a chronic autoimmune disorder, causes the skin to become itchy, red, flaky, and dry. When you have psoriasis, your body cannot distinguish between healthy cells from foreign bodies. Your cells and organs will be affected.
It does not spread easily so you don’t be afraid to approach someone if you have this skin condition. It is not something you can get by touching someone or shaking their hands. Your psoriasis may even be the result of genetics.
It is diagnosed by physical tests and biopsies. A biopsy is a medical test that involves taking a small amount of skin and examining it under a microscope.
Certain factors like stress and diet can cause psoriasis. High stress levels and excessive alcohol consumption can cause flare-ups when it is too high. Other main triggers include injury, medication, and infection.
Although there is no cure, there are many treatment options you can use to reduce the severity of the condition. You can moisturize your skin with the body washes mentioned in this article. You can also use creams or ointments to help.
The sun can kill the cells responsible for psoriasis meaning light therapy is also effective. The use of medications such as retinoids and cyclosporine, methotrexate, and biologics is also beneficial.
Types of Psoriasis?
There are many types of psoriasis.
This is the most common form of psoriasis and is experienced by eight in ten people. It is also known as psoriasis veritis. This condition causes dry patches on the scalp, knees, and elbows which range from one to ten cm wide.
This contributes to 2% of all psoriasis cases and can begin in childhood. It causes pink-red patches on the skin, particularly on the trunk, upper arms, scalp, and thighs.
This condition causes smooth, bright-red patches of skin under the breasts, armpits, buttocks. genitals, and groin. The skin becomes more sensitive due to sweating and rubbing.
This is the most severe form of psoriasis. It is marked by white pustules surrounding red spots on the skin. This causes a rapid pulse, fever, muscle weakness, and chills.
This condition affects up to 1/3 people with psoriasis. This condition causes severe pain and limits your ability to function. It can also lead to sausage-like swelling of the fingers and toes.
As the name suggests, this is a form of psoriasis which affects the nails. The main symptoms are tender, painful nails, changes in nail color, separation of skin and nails from the skin, as well as a chalky-like substance under the skin.
This is the most common type of psoriasis. It will make the skin look burned. It causes severe symptoms such as congestive heart disease and pneumonia.
Skin Care Tips
It is a good idea to use a body wash for psoriasis. However, there are many other things you can do to care for your skin.
Having a warm bath is one thing that can help
Soaking in warm water for 15 minutes is best for your skin. You can make it more effective at combating psoriasis by adding Epsom salts or essential oils to soothe the skin.
Moisturizing the skin will also work
There are specific body washes you can use to treat psoriasis. You can also use lotions and ointments that lock in moisture to the skin.
Do not be afraid of the heat of the sun
The best way to relieve psoriasis symptoms is by getting outside in the sunlight. This can slow down the growth and development of skin cells that lead to psoriasis.
Although it might be tempting to scratch and pick the skin when it is itchy, do not do it.
This could only make the situation worse. Your skin will look more irritated if it is scratched frequently. It could also cause infections.
Despite all the wonderful medical advances in skincare, there is no cure for psoriasis. This condition makes skin appear dull and unattractive and can lead to a loss of confidence.
You can still get relief from the most common symptoms, such as itchy, dry, flaky, and irritated skin, by using the body washes mentioned in this article. Finally, we would like to say to the people with psoriasis, it’s time to say goodbye to your old bar soap and use these specially created body washes! Believe us, these body washes will prove of immense help in dealing with your skin conditions!
I love staying healthy by doing working out and yoga. I am mother of a beautiful baby girl, I spend most of my time caring for her while still managing work obligations.