Top 10 Best Drugstore Liquid Eyeliners: Reviews & Guide
MamiesSkinCare.com is reader-supported. If you buy through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission
Liquid eyeliner is an essential part of any makeup kit. It’s amazing how a tiny tool can make your eyes look stunning. You can achieve a glamorous cat-eye that looks that rivals Audrey Hepburn’s by investing in a high-quality eyeliner. You don’t even need to invest a lot into the product!
Liquid eyeliners can be magical, even makeup professionals and beauty enthusiasts use them! Even the most mediocre products can transform you from drab to fab with one easy application.
We have compiled a list of the best drugstore liquid eyeliners to help you achieve affordable beauty and find your best drugstore liquid eyeliner. Keep reading to unlock the secrets of what products will help you keep your perfect style.
2-In-1 Eyeliner And Serum
Lasts Up To 12-Hours
Our Top Picks for the Best Drugstore Liquid Eyeliner
Are you having trouble deciding which liquid liner to buy from the drugstore? Here are some options you should keep in mind.
#1. Maybelline Hyper Easy Liquid Pen No-Skip Eyeliner
This product’s best feature is the precision felt tip, which provides you with complete control. This drugstore eyeliner is ideal if you are looking for a winged-liner effect for your eyes. The tip glides smoothly on the surface of the skin and does not drag.
This makeup can be used all day and will last up to eight hours! You don’t need to worry about smudges or frequent reapplications.
- Flexible felt tip for ultimate control.
- No tugging or dragging.
- Elongates your eyelash line.
- Lasts up to 24 hours.
- Recommended by makeup artist.
- Waterproof Formula
#2. Physician’s Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum
2-In-1 Eyeliner And Serum
This drugstore liquid eyeliner is more innovative than the other brands that can be found in drugstores. The brush tip is extremely precise. This is a groundbreaking lining tool, which will allow for precise application.
You can also use it to protect your makeup from water and smudges. This waterproof liquid eyeliner also does not contain parabens or fragrances, which can irritate sensitive skin.
- High-tech lash line boosting liquid liner and serum.
- A long-lasting and precise definition of liquid eyeliner.
- Nourish and condition lashes with lash boosting complex.
- Get bold, beautiful lashes.
- Create classic, bold looks including a dramatic cat-eye look.
- Protects your lashes.
- 2-in-1 eyeliner and serum.
#3. L’Oréal Paris Makeup Infallible Super Slim Long-Lasting Liquid Eyeliner
Lasts Up To 12-Hours
You can achieve a sophisticated, sleek look without spending a lot. If you desire slimming eyes, this drugstore liquid eyeliner is your best bet. It can last up to 12 hours so you may not need to reapply it throughout the day.
This liquid liner comes with an intense formula for a bolder look. It is quick-drying so you don’t have to wait for your stunning look to be complete!
- Creates sleek, sophisticated eye makeup looks (i.e., cat eyes).
- Sleek felt tip liner for creating thin lines.
- Lasts up to 12-hours.
- Skip, smudge, and drag proof.
#4. Maybelline Master Precise All-Day Liquid Eyeliner
This drugstore liquid eyeliner is also a Maybelline product. This product won the Allure Best of Beauty Award 2013 making it a clear top choice.
The ultra-fine brush tip measures only 4 millimeters in length and allows for precise application. This liquid liner is also waterproof and smudge-proof, which ensures you can maintain your look all day long.
- Up to 12 hr wear.
- Intense color.
- No smudge.
- Precise, sharp lines.
- Easy to use.
- The Allure Best of Beauty Award Winner 2013.
#5. NYX Professional Makeup Matte Liquid Eyeliner
Recommended By Makeup Artists
This matte black liquid eyeliner by NYX Professional Makeup will complete your makeup collection. This drugstore eyeliner can be applied easily and with precision to create a bold look.
The NYX matte liquid liner won’t smudge even if your skin is oily. It will last much longer than other cheap liquid liners which can easily fade.
- Get a long-lasting cat-eye look.
- The ultra-precise tip is flexible and easy to use.
- Waterproof and smudge-proof.
- Cruelty-free/ PETA Certified.
- Recommended by makeup artists.
#6. Maybelline Curvitude Liquid Eyeliner
Great For Sensitive Eyes
Being one of the leading brands in terms of quality, it should come as little surprise Maybelline is getting its third mention. This is the first Maybelline liquid eyeliner to come with an angled tip. Users have endless options for the look they create with it.
This liquid liner will contour to every curve of your lash line, creating a sophisticated look. This is a great option for makeup lovers, as it doesn’t require you to reapply frequently.
- Creates a flawless precise line with ease.
- Effortless application.
- Great for sensitive eyes.
- Precise liquid eyeliner with a fine tip.
- One-stroke definition for all-day wear.
- Waterproof formula that stays put in any circumstance.
#7. Revlon ColorStay Skinny Liquid Eyeliner
Approved By Ophthalmologists
This liquid liner is approved and tested by ophthalmologists, which should give you peace of mind about its safety and effectiveness.
The color is long-lasting, so you don’t have to worry about it fading or smearing. The tip measures 1mm, making it extremely easy to apply. It only takes one stroke to create rich, intense colors.
- Smooth liquid for easy application.
- Ultrafine brush tip to create precise lines.
- Lasts for 10h, so you don’t have to worry about running makeup
- Comes in multiple colors.
- Smudge and waterproof.
#8. COVERGIRL Intensify Me Liquid Eyeliner
Ultra Fine Tip For Precise Lines
Liquid liners can be difficult to apply. You will have no problems with applying this spectacular product. It is designed to be used as a pencil eyeliner, but with the intensity and control of liquid liner.
Its fine felt tip is shaped like an eyeliner paddle. This allows you to create different looks precisely and without a mess. It glides smoothly and will dry quickly.
- The formula dries quickly.
- Suitable for sensitive eyes.
- Provides a smooth, flawless base to begin your makeup routine.
- Coverage that can withstand the day’s harshest conditions.
- Create a bold look in minutes.
- Easy to remove without smearing.
- Dermatologist and ophthalmologist-tested.
- Fine felt tip for maximum control.
#9. E.L.F. Precision Liquid Eyeliner
This liquid liner is a great option if you’re looking for cruelty-free makeup. The pigment-rich color will give you a dramatic look without any fuss. The tapered design of the brush makes it easy to create thin lines or thick lines depending on your preference.
- Intense eyes definition.
- Smudge-proof formula.
- Tapered brush.
- Long-lasting, smudge-proof formula.
- Create thin or bold lines with brush shaped applicator.
- Vegan, PETA certified, and cruelty-free.
#10. Almay Liquid Eyeliner
Lasts Up To 16 Hours
This product contains a special formula that guarantees it will last up to 16 hours. That’s approximately 4 hours more than most of its competitors!
It is a waterproof liner and will not smear or smudge. This liner is durable and easy to use and has been dermatologist tested so you can rest assured it’s a premium product.
- The inkwell design delivers fresh color every time.
- Lasts up to 16 hours, with a smudge-free and fade-proof formula.
- Flexible tip for easy and precise application.
- Hypoallergenic and safe for sensitive eyes.
- Waterproof, skip-proof, and fragrance-free.
- Ophthalmologically and dermatologically tested
This completes our list of the best drugstore liquid eyeliners, now let’s see the buyer guide to further guide your choice.
Why Wear Liquid Eyeliner?
There are many types of eyeliners available, including pencil and gel liner. Why choose liquid eyeliner over these? Here are some benefits that will convince you to use liquid eyeliner:
Redefine the Size of Your Eyes
Liquid eyeliner is a great option if you’ve always wanted bigger eyes. It will make your eyes appear larger if you use the correct technique and apply mascara.
Liquid eyeliner is best for its longevity. Depending on which brand you choose, they can last up to 16 hours. They are generally smudge-proof and waterproof so you don’t have to reapply multiple times each day.
You can see that the products mentioned above have several significant advantages. One is their precise application. This makes it easy to alter the shape of your eyes to achieve any style you like.
Unlike power-based liners, these products won’t for clumps over the eyelid. This will allow for a smoother, sleeker application.
They are bolder than other liquid eyeliners. This is a great option if your eyes want to stand out and make a fashion statement.
Choosing the Best Drugstore Liquid Eyeliner
Choosing the liquid eyeliner is not an easy task. Choosing the right product for your needs might seem like a daunting task, but with these helpful tips, you’ll find yourself picking out the perfect liner in no time!
Here are the top factors to consider when deciding which one to buy.
The finish of your eyeliner is an important criterion. Choosing a product that has a matte or shiny finish will be great for different occasions and outfits. Choosing the liquid eyeliner, such as one with a satin-matte finish would work well. This type of formula offers an elegant look without being too shiny or distracting.
The duration in which your eyeliner will stay put is also an important factor to consider. Nobody wants their makeup smudging all over the place!
Choosing a product that can last for hours on end could be worth its weight in gold when you are running late for work, meeting friends, or even just needing something to last through your morning coffee! Choosing the best drugstore eyeliner that is known for staying put all day will be a great option.
It is important to consider how long the product will last. Applying eyeliner several times per day is annoying. You want one that is waterproof, smudge-proof, and smear-proof.
This part is at the tip of the eyeliner that is used directly for applying the product. It is essential to choose the right brush for creating your desired look. This will allow users to have better control and precision.
Pay attention to what is in the eyeliner’s formula. You should ensure that the eyeliner does not contain any harsh chemicals that could cause skin or eye irritations. Look for one that is all-natural and free from fragrances, parabens, and other harmful chemicals.
Price is always an important factor to consider before making a purchase. Choosing the wrong product could end up costing you quite a bit of money. We suggest that you keep your eye out for deals on these products, as they will save you some money!
At the same time remember that you should not buy a substandard product to save money. Quality is always superior to the cost!
Comfortability of Use
Another important factor to consider when choosing the best drugstore liquid eyeliner is how comfortable it is on your skin. Nobody wants to use something that irritates their skin, causes stinging, or just doesn’t feel right. Choosing a product that feels light and gentle on your eyelid will be a great option for you!
How the product is packaged can also be important to consider when choosing your new liquid eyeliner. Choosing a product that comes in sleek and modern packaging will not only look great on your counter, but it may even convince you to use it more often! Choosing the best drugstore liquid eyeliner with an attractive package will be a great option for you.
Tips in Using a Liquid Eyeliner
Even though you may be using a generic liquid eyeliner, you don’t have to look cheap. Here are the top tips to achieve a glamorous and elegant look.
- Stability is key when applying liquid eyeliner. Your look will be more inconsistent if your hand moves around during application. It will be easier to apply eyeliner if your elbow is resting on a table.
- If you have a gap between your lash and the liner, it is best to apply liquid eyeliner in a pen style on the roots of your lashes. This will prevent any mess and create an even appearance.
- A translucent powder can be used to prevent the eyeliner from sinking. This is especially important if your eyes are oily, or you sweat a lot. The powder will protect your eyeliner from fading and smudging.
- Don’t make your wing too small when creating a winged look. Your eye will appear smaller than it is. For a more defined shape aim to create a longer wing to prevent this.
- You must know the shape of your eyes before you apply liquid eyeliner. This will help you choose the best look for you. A cat-eye is a good choice if you have almond-shaped eyes. This will not work for all eyes so make sure to consider your eye size and shape before settling on a look.
- You can also experiment with other types of applicators. Although most people will choose a felt tip applicator over others, this is not the only option. A fine brush is best for creating a thin and smooth line.
- The one thing that all makeup artists recommend is to slow down when applying liquid eyeliner. Applying eyeliner is like calligraphy. This should be considered a piece of art, not a rush job.
You don’t have to spend a lot of money on makeup to look amazing. The amazing products aren’t as expensive as luxury and designer brands but they will still give you stunning results! Knowing your style and how to create it is more important than wasting money on unnecessary name brands!
We have created the above list of the best drugstore liquid eyeliners with the hope that this article would be of help to you in finding your best drugstore liquid eyeliner. So go ahead and choose the one that suits your preference and needs!
Check out Other Articles
I love staying healthy by doing working out and yoga. I am mother of a beautiful baby girl, I spend most of my time caring for her while still managing work obligations.