A liquid eyeliner is one of the must-haves in a makeup kit. It is surprising how such a small tool can do a lot to give your eyes a dazzling look. If you want to have a chic cat eye and look like Audrey Hepburn, be sure to invest in a nice eyeliner. The good news is that it does not have to cost you a fortune.
Even makeup experts and beauty junkies will surely agree with me when I say that liquid eyeliners found in drugstores can work like magic. As long as you know which one to pick, it will be effective in transforming your look from boring to stunning!
If you are on the lookout for the best drugstore liquid eyeliner, we got you covered in the rest of this post. Keep on reading and we’ll let you know some of the products to consider.
Our Top Picks for the Best Drugstore Liquid Eyeliner
Having a hard time deciding which liquid eyeliner is best to grab from a drugstore? Below are some of the options that should be on your radar.
Maybelline New York Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner
Among others, the precision felt tip is one of the best things about this product, which will provide you with the ultimate control. If you want to achieve a winged-liner look in your eye, this is an ideal product to have. During application, the tip will glide smoothly on the surface and will not drag. It is an all-day wear makeup. On average, it will last for up to eight hours. There is no need to worry about smudges and frequent re-application.
Maybelline Master Precise All-Day Liquid Eyeliner
Made by the same brand as the liquid eyeliner mentioned above, this is another option that should make it on your list. It won the Allure Best of Beauty Award in 2013, which should already give you a good reason to have it considered over others. It comes with a .4-millimeter ultra-fine brush tip, which will come in handy in terms of its precise application. You will also love how it is smudge-proof and waterproof, making it long-lasting.
Maybelline Curvitude Liquid Eyeliner
This is the third eyeliner from Maybelline that is mentioned in this post, which should provide you with the confidence regarding the brand’s superior quality. It is the first liquid eyeliner from the company that comes with an angled tip, providing users with endless possibilities in terms of the looks that can be created with its use. This will effectively hug every curve in your lash line for creating a refined look. It is also a convenient choice for makeup aficionados because it eliminates the need to reapply frequently.
Physician’s Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum
This eyeliner has a liquid formula that makes it more innovative compared to the other drugstore makeups that have been mentioned in this post. It comes with an ultra-precise brush tip. The latter is a revolutionary lining tool that will be beneficial in terms of its precise application. It is also smudge-resistant and water-resistant, which will make your makeup last longer. If you have sensitive skin, there is also no need to worry as it does not contain fragrances and parabens that can be harsh on the skin.
NYX Professional Makeup Matte Liquid Eyeliner
Complete your makeup and your look with the use of this matte black liquid eyeliner. You can create a more defined look with precision using this makeup, especially if you would like to pull off a bold look. It comes with a precision brush tip, which will ensure the effortless application of the makeup liner. Even if you have oily skin, there is also no need for you to worry as this won’t smudge. This is unlike most of the cheap eyeliners that could easily fade.
L’Oréal Paris Makeup Infallible Super Slim Long-Lasting Liquid Eyeliner
Achieve a sophisticated and sleek look for the eyes without the need to spend a lot. This drugstore makeup is a must-have if you want to have super slim eyes. On average, it can last for up to 12 hours, which means that there might be no need for you to reapply the eyeliner throughout the day. It also comes with an intense formula for a bolder look. You do not have to wait a long time since it is also quick-drying.
Revlon ColorStay Skinny Liquid Eyeliner
One of the best things about this product is the fact that it has been tested and approved by ophthalmologists, which will be enough to provide you with peace of mind regarding its safety and effectiveness. It has a long-lasting color, so there is no need to worry about smudging, fading, and smearing, among other problems that can ruin your makeup. It has a .1mm tip, which will come in handy when it comes to its precise application. All that it needs is a single stroke for an intense and rich color.
COVERGIRL Intensify Me Liquid Eyeliner
Some people hate liquid eyeliners because they are quite tricky to apply. Such will not be a problem with the use of this product. As the manufacturer claims, it is easy to control just like an eye pencil while having the intensity of a liquid eyeliner. The tip of the eyeliner is shaped like a paddle, providing you with the versatility to create a thin or thick look. It also delivers precision and minimizes the mess. It will glide smoothly, and it won’t take long before it completely dries!
E.L.F. Precision Liquid Eyeliner
If you are on the lookout for a cruelty-free makeup, this is one option that should make it on your list. It has a pigment-rich color that will be effective in providing you with an intense look sans having to exert too much effort. It has a tapered brush design, which will make it easy for you to create thin or thick lines, regardless of the look that you would like to achieve.
Almay Liquid Eyeliner
Most of the liquid eyeliners that you can find in the market are guaranteed to last for up to 12 hours. This is different as it has a special formula that is guaranteed to make it last for up to 16 hours. It is water-resistant, so you do not have to worry about smudging or smearing. Aside from being long-lasting, it is also great because it comes with a flex-tip applicator that provides the user with better control. If you are still unconvinced it also helps to know that it has been tested by dermatologists.
Why Wear Liquid Eyeliner?
When you are looking for an eyeliner, there are different types that you will be confronted with, including gel and pencil eyeliners. Why should you choose a liquid eyeliner? Below are some of the benefits that can convince you:
Redefine the Size of your Eyes
If you have always wanted to have bigger eyes, a liquid eyeliner can offer the perfect solution. With the right technique, as well as the application of mascara in the top and bottom, it will effectively make your eyes look larger.
Longevity is one of the best reasons to use a liquid eyeliner. They can last for up to 16 hours, depending on the brand that you will use. Often, they are also waterproof and smudge-proof, eliminating the need to reapply throughout the day.
As you can see from the products that have been mentioned above, one of their most significant benefits is that they offer precise application. With this, it makes it effortless to enhance the shape of your eyes as desired.
This is a benefit when compared to the use of a powder-based eyeliner. There is no chance that there will be small clumps that will be forming in the eyelid. Because the liquid eyeliner is smooth, there is no need to worry that it will clump.
Compared to the other types of eyeliners, they are known to have bolder color, which will be the perfect option if you like your eyes to be more defined and your overall look to create a stronger fashion statement.
Choosing the Best Drugstore Liquid Eyeliner
As you try to decide which one will make the best pick, below are some of the most important factors that you have to take into consideration.
- Finish: This is important because it will have an impact on the look that you will achieve after its application. A matte finish is one of the most popular, although there are also some people who opt for a glitter or gloss finish. If you will use it regularly, the one with a matte finish is the best choice.
- Longevity: It is also important that you think of how long the eyeliner will last as you decide which one to buy. It can be frustrating if there is a need to reapply it multiple times throughout the day. Look for one that is waterproof, smudge-proof, and smear-proof.
- Applicator: This is the part on the tip of the eyeliner, the one that is directly used for its application. The right brush is important to create the desired look, providing users with better control and precision.
- Ingredients: You also have to pay attention to the things that are used in the formula of the eyeliner. See to it that it does not contain harsh chemicals that can damage the eyes or the skin. Go for one that is natural, free of fragrances, parabens, and other toxic chemicals.
Tips in Using a Liquid Eyeliner
Even if you are using a drugstore liquid eyeliner, this does not mean that you will look cheap. To pull off an elegant and glamorous appeal, below are some of the most important things you have to keep in mind:
- When applying a liquid eyeliner, stability is the key. The more your hand moves or shakes, the higher is the chance that you will ruin your look. With this, it will help if your elbow will rest on a table while applying the eyeliner.
- If there is a gap between the lash and the liner, the best thing that you can do to have it closed is to press a pen-style liquid eyeliner on the roots of the lashes and not draw above them. This will help to prevent mess and will also create an even look.
- Using a translucent powder is one thing that will work like magic, especially in preventing the eyeliner from settling. This is also important if your eyelids are oily or if you sweat a lot. The powder will prevent smudges or fading.
- When creating a winged look, do not make the wing look too short. Otherwise, your eye will look smaller than its true size. To prevent this from happening, create a longer wing for a more defined eye.
- Before you use a liquid eyeliner, it is important that you are familiar with the shape of your eye, which will make it easy to determine the look that suits you best. If you have an almond-shaped eye, you can go for a cat eye. The latter will not suit all eyes, so consider the size and shape of your eyes.
- It will also be good if you experiment with different types of applicators. Most people would go for a felt tip applicator, but this is not the only one that you can use. If you want to create a smooth and thin line, a fine brush will be best for the job.
- If there is one thing that makeup artist would suggest, it would be for you to slow down when applying a liquid eyeliner. Think of applying an eyeliner as writing in a delicate paper. It should be seen as a work of art and not a task that is rushed.
If buying expensive makeup has been one of your guilty pleasures, now is the time to try those that you can find in drugstores, especially the liquid eyeliners that have been mentioned above. They are cheaper than designer and luxury brands, but that does not mean that they won’t be instrumental in giving you a stunning look!