Men aren’t as meticulous as women when it comes to skin care. If you are a guy, you are most probably guilty of not giving enough thought to the products that you are using for your skin, including a body wash.
Choosing a body wash should be a careful process. Among others, one of the most important considerations would be your skin type. If you have dry skin, you need to keep an eye on the products mentioned below, which are excellent in providing the hydration that is needed to relieve dryness.
Our Top Picks for the Best Men’s Body Wash for Dry Skin
Take care of your dry skin and feel fresher with the use of the body washes that are briefly mentioned below.
Puracy Natural Body Wash
Although this is for both men and women, we have chosen this product as our top pick basically because of its unmatched effectiveness in providing relief for dry skin. It has a plant-powered formulation, so there is no risk of suffering from skin irritation. It is free of formaldehydes, triclosan, and sulfates, among other harsh ingredients. It is also hypoallergenic, gluten-free, and vegan. One of the main ingredients is coconut, which has been proven to hydrate dry skin. The body wash also incorporates clinical-grade moisturizers to target skin dryness. Lastly, the manufacturer is offering a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Nivea Men Maximum Hydration 3-in-1 Body Wash
As you can see from the name of this product, it aims to provide maximum hydration to the user. One of the reasons for the latter is the use of aloe vera, which has been proven to be an effective ingredient in providing relief from dry skin. It cleans, hydrates, and refreshes the skin, making it a perfect addition to the skin care routine of the modern gentlemen. It is capable of providing and locking in intensive moisture without leaving a greasy or sticky feeling, especially during a hot day.
Gillette Body Hydrator Body Wash
This is another body wash for men that has been specifically formulated to provide dry skin relief. The manufacturer claims that the results will be noticeable after just one application. It has hydrators that have been specially engineered to increase the hydration of the skin by as much as three times compared to the other body washes for men. This is a high-performance body wash that gets rid of sweat, oil, and odor, leaving you feeling clean and fresh for up to 24 hours!
Every Man Jack Body Wash and Shower Gel
This is another product that can effectively provide a deep clean to the skin without over-drying. It uses plant-based and naturally-derived ingredients, providing you with the confidence that it will never cause skin irritation. It has surfactants that are derived from coconut and essential oils from sage and rosemary, all of which are known for providing the hydration the skin needs to combat dryness. There are no dyes, GMOs, parabens, and sulfates, among other harsh chemicals that are commonly found in body washes. Even the bottle is eco-friendly since it is made mostly of post-consumer recycled plastic.
Old Spice High Endurance Pure Sport Body Wash
Known for their iconic commercials, Old Spice is one of the most trusted brands when it comes to skin care for men. This specific product lathers nicely without leaving the skin feeling dry. It also has soothing skin conditioners, minimizing the likelihood that you will end up suffering from skin irritation. Plus, it has the ability to fight odor for up to 48 hours, making you feel fresher and cleaner longer. Lastly, it has a technology that allows it to adapt and respond to sweat, offering up to four times better protection.
Dove Men + Care Body Wash
When it comes to dealing with dry skin, Dove is one of the brands that is hard to rival, so it is no longer surprising that this body wash made it to our list. It has the micro-moisturize technology, which will be activated when lathering. It rinses off the skin easily and leaves a clean and fresh scent that will last throughout the day. Best of all, it is in a pump bottle, so using it in the shower will be a lot easier compared those that are in regular packaging.
Cetaphil Daily Refreshing Wash
Although this is not specifically formulated for men, this deserves a spot on our list simply because it is made by Cetaphil. The brand itself should already give you enough reason to choose it over others. It has a mild and soap-free formula, which will cleanse the skin without the need to worry about irritation. It also comes with a low lather formula that is highly effective in removing dirt and grime on the skin. Plus, it rinses without any residue. If you are still hesitant, it is also good to know that this is approved even by dermatologists.
Rocky Mountain Barber Company All-in-One Shower Wash for Men
One of the biggest selling points of this product is that it contains all-natural ingredients, including essential oils that will provide relief from dry skin. It has cinnamon leaf, patchouli, and orange sweet oils. They do not only solve skin dryness, but they also leave a refreshing scent after every wash. It is also loved by many because it is versatile. Aside from being a body wash, it can also be used for the beard, hair, and face. Now, that is what value for money is all about! You can get rid of multiple products in the shower and replace them with just one bottle!
Gentlemen’s Reserve Body and Face Wash
Like most of the products that have been mentioned in this post, it relies on the use of natural ingredients and essential oils to moisturize the skin and fight dryness. It contains lemon, pine, olive, jojoba, and cedarwood oils. Some of the benefits of the oils that are incorporated in this body wash include locking in moisture, providing the skin a refreshing scent, lightening of discoloration, reduction of puffiness, clearing of pores, and preventing premature skin aging. You can use it not only on the body but also for the face.
Dial for Men Hair + Body Wash
This is a great choice if you are looking for value for money since it can be already used as a body wash and a shampoo. It has the Ultimate Clean technology, which makes it effective in making the skin feel smooth, clean, and fresh without over-drying. It is made using carefully selected ingredients that are known for their moisturizing benefits, which is exactly why it is recommended for men who have dry skin. With the use of this product, it will be easier for you to achieve all-day freshness, both for the body and the hair.
Axe Exfoliating Body Wash for Men
Although this is an exfoliating wash, you can be confident that it won’t strip the natural oils of the skin. In fact, as the manufacturer claims, it can help in removing dead cells and dry skin. It contains desert minerals and cactus oil, making it possible to exfoliate and hydrate the skin at the same time. Best of all, it has a refreshing fragrance that stays on the skin for an extended period so that you will smell fresh and clean throughout the day.
Hose Off All-Natural Body Wash
Wrapping up our list is another product that takes pride in the use of all-natural ingredients. Among others, one of the best things about this body wash is the use of bentonite clay. For centuries, the latter has been popular for its natural healing capabilities. The body wash contains volcanic ash that will nurture the skin and get rid of toxins. It is also known for its anti-fungal and anti-septic benefits. It has essential oils from ingredients like nutmeg, aloe, and rosemary to hydrate the skin and prevent dryness.
Why Do Men Have Dry Skin?
Ever wondered why your skin is dry? Below, we will briefly look at some of the culprits. Understanding the causes of your dry skin is critical for you to learn how to address the root of the problem.
- Genetics: Believe it or not, dry skin runs on the blood. So, you might have to blame your family if you have dry skin.
- Harsh Skincare Products: The culprit could also be the skincare products you are using, such as face wash, soap, and body wash. Make sure that it is specifically formulated for your skin type and it does not contain harsh ingredients, especially those that can dry out the skin.
- If there is a lack of moisture in the air, dry skin can be apparent. If it is extremely hot or cold, there is a high chance that your skin will be dry.
- Diet: Alcohol and caffeine can cause dehydration, which will make the skin dry. Make sure to drink enough water. It will also help to supplement with omega-3 fatty acids for healthier skin.
- Age: When you grow older, the skin has a limited capacity to produce natural oils, which will make it dry.
How to Choose a Body Wash for Men with Dry Skin
If you have dry skin, you should be meticulous when choosing a body wash, making sure that the problem will be addressed. That being said, below are some of the most important things to keep in mind:
- Avoid Chemicals: As much as possible, choose body washes that are made of natural ingredients. Avoid those that contain sulfates and phthalates, among others. Sulfates are common in body washes because they are the ones responsible for producing the foam. However, they can make the skin dry.
- Look for an Emollient: When looking at the list of ingredients, see to it that there is an emollient or a moisturizer. This will help in locking in moisture and providing the hydration that the skin needs to prevent dryness.
- Look for Essential Oils: Speaking of natural ingredients, it will also be good for the body wash to have essential oils. Like with emollients, essential oils will provide moisture to your skin.
- Go Easy on the Fragrances: Nothing beats the feeling of coming out of the shower smelling fresh and clean. However, the fragrances in a body wash are usually from chemicals that can dry out the skin.
- Look for Other Benefits: Aside from providing dry skin relief, the body wash that you should choose must be able to provide other benefits as well. For instance, one of the most important for men is odor control, especially for those with an active lifestyle.
Skin Care Tips for Men with Dry Skin
To effectively combat dry skin, below are some of the most important things to keep in mind:
- Moisturize: This is perhaps the most important thing that you should do to lock in moisture. This is going to promote hydration. Use moisturizers that are lightweight and fast-absorbing.
- Cut Down Shower Time: One of the best ways to address dry skin starts in the shower. Long hot showers should be avoided as it strips the natural moisture of the skin and will make it dry.
- Avoid Loofah: A loofah, washcloth, or any similar item can be abrasive and will break down the skin. Use your hands as an alternative. If you really want to use a loofah, make sure that it is clean and use less force.
- Know When to Use a Body Wash: In some instances, you do not need to use a body wash daily. This will depend on the recommendations from the manufacturer, so it is best to read the label. Some may have a formula that is too intense, so you should not use it daily.
Bid goodbye to your dry skin with the use of the men’s body washes that have been briefly mentioned above. It is a grooming essential that will make you feel fresher and cleaner! It is important to be smart with the body wash to choose since a lot of the options have ingredients that can cause dryness.