10 Best Shaving Creams for Sensitive Skin: Reviews & Guide
MamiesSkinCare.com is reader-supported. If you buy through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission
Are you tired of not getting that clean, relaxing shave? I know I am! You need a shaving cream that will give you a youthful, healthy look.
Do you need a shaving cream that leaves your skin smooth and refreshed? Are you tired of all the nicks and scrapes every time you shave?
Is your skin irritated by the common shaving products on the market? It doesn’t have to be hard to find a shaving cream for sensitive skin! In this article, we’ve done all the hard work to help you find the perfect product to leave you feeling soothed and refreshed every shave.
Our Top Pick of Best Shaving Cream for Sensitive Skin
#1. Cremo Cooling Shave Cream
Cremo shaving cream prevents cuts and nicks. This product will allow you to shave even the deepest curves of your skin. The cream contains menthol to make the skin smell fresh and provide extra moisture.
This product also uses natural oils to help shave your skin without irritation. Natural oils have been used for shaving for thousands of years. This is a product is a good option if you are looking for a natural and affordable product. This could be a great addition to your art of shaving.
- Intensely moisturizing and soothing.
- Gives you a comfortable shave.
- Prevents irritation and razor burn.
- The cooling formula contains peppermint oil and menthol for fresher, fragrant skin.
- Contains all-natural ingredients like macadamia seed oil, aloe vera, calendula extract, lemon extract, papaya extract, and olive leaf.
- Paraben and cruelty-free.
#2. Edge Sensitive Skin Shave Gel for Men
Provides Excellent Razor Glide
This shave gel with aloe vera does not irritate the skin. It will make shaving comfortable and prevent razor burn. You also don’t need to worry about breakouts and can rest assure that this product will give you a smoother shave.
Aloe vera is a natural ingredient that encourages quick healing, ensuring any nicks are quickly dealt with! This shave gel is designed to make it pleasant to shave any area of the skin, even your head! It is also quite affordable. This moisturizing shave cream nourishes your hair follicles as you shave.
- Moisturizes and lubricates providing excellent razor glide.
- Cooling conditioners leave the face feeling refreshed.
- Protects your skin from irritation, razor burn, and ingrown hairs.
- Reduces shaving time by up to 20%.
- Designed for sensitive skin so you get a close shave without any added side effects.
#3. NIVEA Men Sensitive Shaving Foam
This advanced shaving cream is for men who wish to grow beards and keep their faces clean. It does not contain dry alcohol and protects the skin from irritation.
If you use wet alcohol in your shave cream, your face will feel smoother and more comfortable. This product will help men with sensitive skin shave easily with a professional finish. It is also an extremely affordable product.
- Softens beard for a close shave.
- Reduces irritations.
- 100% alcohol-free formula, perfect for acne-prone skin.
- Gives a close shave without leaving your skin dry or irritated.
- Provides you with the confident feeling of healthy and attractive skin.
#4. Pacific Shaving Company Natural Shaving Cream
For people who need to shave in various places, this water shaving cream is for them. You can use this product anywhere, anytime thanks to its TSA-friendly packaging ensuring you can take it anywhere on your travels! This makes it perfect for those who travel for business or leisure.
This natural shave cream is made with plant ingredients that won’t irritate your skin. It protects your skin against razor burn and can be used for approximately 100 shaves!
This shaving gel is made from the best ingredients on Earth, and will not irritate the skin. This shave cream is designed to give you the smoothest skin you’ve ever seen. It is also very affordable. It has a fragrance-free formula.
- Last up to 100 shaves.
- TSA-friendly so you can bring it anywhere you are!
- Paraben and cruelty-free
- Vegan formula.
- A smooth close shave that won’t cause redness or irritation.
- Fragrance-free formula.
#5. Shaving Cream for Men – With Natural Sandalwood Essential Oil
This natural formula is suitable for all skin types. It uses sandalwood oil to soothe and nurture sensitive skin. You can even apply this product without a shaving brush, which saves you money and time!
It uses coconut extracts and glycerin that moisturizes your dry skin. The natural oils will make your skin smooth. This product gives you a fresh, clean shave.
The is one of the best shaving creams and is made in small batches ensuring you get the quality you pay for with this amazing product!
- Moisturizes dry skin.
- Contains essential oils to soothe sensitive skin.
- Works for all skin types.
- nutrient-rich ingredients.
- Won’t dry out the skin.
- Includes sandalwood.
- Versatile for those who want to shave without or with a brush.
#6. Taylor of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street Luxury Shaving Cream for Sensitive Skin
This brand has been supplying quality shaving creams since the 1940s. This product certainly attests to the classical elegance that maintains the brand’s reputation.
This is the right shaving cream for people with sensitive skin. It is light enough that other people won’t notice it and you will feel comfortable even on hot days. It produces a creamy lather so that your razor blades glide smoothly. This helps avoid razor bumps. This luxurious product is reasonably well priced.
- Gentle for sensitive skin.
- Packaging makes it easy to apply the cream.
- The light fragrance is pleasant but not overpowering.
- Reduces redness or irritation.
#7. Avalon Organics Moisturizing Shave Cream
Nourishes Delicate Skin
This aloe-based quality shave cream comes in a 2 pack to give you twice the use and twice the benefits! This moisturizing shaving cream shaves and heals the skin.
This soothing aloe vera gel is a natural ingredient that quickly heals your skin while also reduce scarring. This will make you look younger. Unfortunately, this product is more expensive than most of the alternatives on the list.
- Provides razor lift and glide rinses clean and soothes sensitive skin.
- Nourishes delicate skin with the nutrient-rich formula.
- Provides speedy healing of nicks or cuts.
- Moisturizes your skin leaving it feeling smooth and soft.
- Rich in lavender essential oil, aloe, beta-glucan for a perfect shave.
#8. Proraso Shaving Cream
Made With 95% Natural Components
This shaving gel is safe for all skin types. This shave gel contains menthol, which helps to refresh your skin. It creates a thick lather that penetrates deep within each hair molecule.
This shave cream provides a more comfortable experience and protects against razor burns and allows you to get a more precise, cut-free shave than other products.
You can dilute this product with water to save money and produce a richer lather. It smells amazing as well. This product offers all the features you need at a very reasonable price.
- Perfect for sensitive skin, itchy rashes, or acne-prone skin.
- Provides a lubricating and protective film on the surface of the skin.
- Made with 95% natural components.
- Reduces irritation after shaving.
- Solicon and paraben free.
- Does not contain mineral oil or SLS.
- No artificial colors.
- Fresh eucalyptus scent.
#9. Aveeno Positively Smooth Moisturizing Shave Gel
Recommended By Dermatologists
With regular use, this product will help you avoid unwanted hairs and frequent shaving by slowing hair growth. The product contains vitamin E, soy, and soothing aloe to keep your skin healthy and vibrant.
These ingredients improve the use of a razor on your face. You will shave more efficiently and avoid nicks and slashes, resulting in a professional look. This product may be expensive, but the quality reflects the price!
- Reduce the appearance of unwanted.
- Helps to prevent nicks, cuts, and razor bump irritation.
- Helps to protect sensitive skin from shaving irritation.
- The gentle formula promotes silky smooth skin.
- Recommended by dermatologists.
- Powered by soy, aloe, conditioners, and vitamin E.
#10. Neutrogena Men Sensitive Skin Shave Cream
With Pro-Soothe Technology
This product protects sensitive skin from irritation by providing professional-grade smoothing for the best shave ever. This gel deeply cleanses your face and protects it against razor damage.
You can also use this shaving gel as a face cleanser after shaving. This will make your shaving experience more efficient. Speed is not cheap, but this product’s well worth the price.
- Pro-Soothe technology works with direct contact with skin.
- Protects sensitive skin from irritation.
- Soothes and protects the skin every day, not just right after shaving.
- Rinses clean without leaving your face feeling tight or uncomfortable.
- Non-comedogenic and safe for sensitive skin.
How to Choose a Shaving Cream
Let’s face it, shaving is an unpleasant experience for many people.
It’s not just the act of removing hair that makes it so tough; there are also other side-effects like razor burn and ingrown hairs. If you have sensitive skin or skin conditions like rosacea it can be even more unpleasant!
Thankfully, plenty of products increase the ease and pleasantness of the shaving process. One way to improve your shaving experience is choosing a shaving cream with ingredients made specifically for sensitive skin or those tailored for your skin condition.
1. Know your skin type - dry, oily, or combination
Consider whether your skin is dry, oily, or in combination. If you have sensitive skin or are prone to conditions like rosacea, choose a shaving cream that was designed to work for you [like the ones in this article].
It is also important to consider the shaving cream’s lather. If you have sensitive skin, avoid creams that will generate a lot of fluffy foam or lather, including products that contain SLS. These products can irritate your skin.
2. Choose a shaving cream that has moisturizing properties
A shave cream must contain ingredients that help hydrate the skin. These include glycerin, pure shea butter, coconut oil, lanolin, jojoba oil, olive oil, and many more. They are perfect for shaving because they make your skin supple and smooth.
Products with moisturizing properties will keep your skin hydrated after shaving. It will also protect the skin from shaving damage.
3. Choose a shaving cream that has a cooling effect
It has a light, refreshing menthol scent and provides a cooling sensation so your skin stays refreshed and moisturized throughout the shaving process. The cooling effect of shave cream is a great option for those who have sensitive skin. It also protects from damage from the razor.
4. Choose a shaving cream that contains natural ingredients or tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is an excellent antiseptic, so it kills bacteria on your skin while you shave. It also has anti-inflammatory properties meaning it reduces redness and irritation. It is perfect for those who have sensitive skin.
5. Avoid shaving cream that contains alcohol
You should avoid the use of shaving creams that contain alcohol as they dry out your skin and cause irritation, redness, and rashes. To avoid these issues it’s best to choose a shaving cream that consists of all-natural components instead.
6. Check out the ingredients
Check the ingredients list to make sure there are no irritating chemicals like alcohol or fragrance. These ingredients will dry out your skin leaving you looking and feeling worse for wear.
Shea butter, coconut oil, cocoa butter are common ingredients that help fight skin irritation and hydrate dry skin without leaving an oily residue behind.
Natural and organic ingredients are not just beneficial to your skin but also help in lathering up the shaving cream which makes it easier for you to shave without causing damage to your skin.
7. Avoid shaving cream with SLS
Another very important aspect to consider is whether your shaving cream contains SLS. Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (commonly known as SLS) is one of the cheapest ingredients used in shaving creams. It is a harsh chemical that dries out and irritates the skin.
It is not suitable for sensitive skin as it causes irritation, dryness, and rashes. To avoid adverse reactions try to use SLS-free shaving creams. You can also choose a product that contains natural ingredients only which provides immense benefits to your skin.
8. Customer Reviews
Reviews will tell you the pros and cons of shaving creams and give you a clear indication of the quality and uses of the product. They are written by real buyers who will give you honest answers to your queries. Reviews are the key to avoiding disappointment so don’t underestimate them!
9. Look for a shaving cream that has essential oil
Look for shaving creams that contain essential oils like peppermint or eucalyptus. These ingredients help kill bacteria and reduce ingrown hairs. This increases the effectiveness of the products.
Peppermint’s tingling sensation helps alleviate discomfort, while eucalyptus oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe the skin. Both also provide a pleasant, fresh scent.
10. Look for an unscented shaving cream
If you’re looking for a shaving cream that doesn’t irritate your skin, avoid products that contain perfume as they can aggravate sensitive skin and cause rashes and redness.
11. Consider the price
Price does not necessarily indicate quality. While some pricey products offer better benefits, there are plenty of high-quality products at reasonable prices. Look out for products with quality ingredients mentioned in this article rather than settling for an expensive product.
12. Always go for a shaving cream that foams up easily
Choose a shaving cream that lathers well. This helps you achieve a closer shave which means lesser chances of causing cuts or nicks. It also helps protect your skin from getting damaged by the razor while shaving.
There’s no need to suffer from inferior and irritating shaving creams anymore! You should never leave your home without using a shaving gel that makes your skin feel smooth. You need to make sure you use a shaving cream that is smooth on your skin and increases the efficacy and the quality of your shave.
There are many shaving creams on the market. Experimenting with shaving creams similar to those in this article will help you find the perfect one for your skin.