Top 10 Best Drugstore Foundations for Oily Skin: Reviews & Guide
MamiesSkinCare.com is reader-supported. If you buy through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission
Oily skin can make your face look like a glazed doughnut. Reflective surfaces will appear on the T-zone and chin. This could be a nightmare for anyone!
Foundations are best avoided by people with oily skin. They can easily budge and fade when you sweat, or when your skin becomes oily. You can prevent this from happening by choosing the best drugstore foundation for oily skin. These foundations are affordable and highly effective.
We’ve done all the hard work for you and have come up with the list of the best, most cost-effective drugstore foundations for oily skin below.
Our Top Picks for the Best Drugstore Foundation for Oily Skin
A matte-finish foundation is recommended to reduce oiliness and avoid excessive shine. Below are our recommendations for the best drugstore foundations for oily skin to help you accentuate your natural beauty without any of the usual issues.
#1. Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation
This liquid foundation is perfect for oily skin types and great for those with combination skin. The long-wear formula allows the product to remain on the skin for as much as 24 hours. This product will not smudge or fade like others, even if your skin is oily.
It has a natural matte finish that prevents excess shine. It’s also great that the main ingredient is salicylic acid. This makes it more effective at controlling oil production and minimizing pores. This full-coverage foundation is one of the best drugstore foundations. It gives you a shine-free finish.
- Lasts 24h.
- Controls shine and oil all day long.
- Broad-spectrum SPF 15 sun protectant.
- Keep your skin color and texture looking flawless all day.
- Oil-free formula that is not too heavy or cakey like other foundations/
- Achieve medium coverage.
- Get a natural and flawless Look.
- Enriched with salicylic acid.
- Choose between 43 shades that perfectly match your skin tone.
#2. L’Oréal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation
Recommended By Makeup Artists
This oil-free liquid foundation is made by another well-known drugstore makeup brand. It provides a matte and tight finish to the skin. It is suitable for acne-prone skin and will last for 24 hours, so you don’t need to reapply throughout your day.
The full-coverage formula is light and non-greasy, even though it’s pleasantly creamy in texture. It won’t make you feel uncomfortable even when it’s hot and glides effortlessly onto your skin. It smooths pores and conceals other imperfections.
- Provides a natural-looking matte finish.
- Specifically formulated for long-lasting up to 24 hours.
- This lightweight foundation is perfect for oily skin and humid climates.
- The coverage provides an excellent base that doesn’t look cakey or overdone.
- Easy to use.
- Extensive range of shades.
- Enriched with salicylic acid and hyaluronic acid.
- Suitable for acne-prone skin.
#3. Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation
Best Shade Range
Dermatologists recommend this liquid foundation as its been proven safe for allergies. You can use this foundation on all skin types.
This shine-free foundation comes in so many shades it’s guaranteed to suit your skin color. It is suitable for all skin tones including deep skin tones. This full-coverage foundation also comes with micro-powders that will help to control shine throughout the day, which is why people with oily skin love it.
- Lightweight liquid formula.
- 40 shades Available.
- Gives a natural-looking finish.
- Non-comedogenic and dermatologically tested to avoid clogging pores.
- Lasts 24h.
- Easy to use.
- Affordable price.
- Matte formula.
- Pore minimizing formula with SPF 18.
#4. Milani Conceal + Perfect Foundation and Concealer
This full-coverage foundation is suitable for all skin types. This foundation is rich in pigments that will conceal your imperfections and achieve a flawless look.
This product’s versatility is the best part. You can use it as both a foundation and concealer. This can save you space and money by minimizing the products you need to buy. You can reduce acne breakouts by using this foundation with acne-fighting formula.
- Covers under eye circles, skin imperfections, and redness all in one product!
- The incredible shade range of 45 different colors is suitable for any skin tone.
- Cruelty and oil-free.
- Water-resistant formula.
- For medium-to-full coverage.
- 2-in-1 Foundation + Concealer.
- Lasts 24h.
- Safe for acne-prone skin.
#5. COVERGIRL Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Liquid Foundation
Safe For Sensitive Skin
This is an extremely affordable product that will give you flawless skin without breaking the budget!| It will also hide wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of skin aging. It also contains Olay Amino-Peptide Complex that will blend with the skin to conceal imperfections and is durable enough to last all day.
- Safe for sensitive skin.
- Soft matte finish formula.
- 24h coverage
- Variety of shades to match your skin tone.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Quick and easy application.
- Affordable price.
- Gives a radiant and natural look.
#6. E.L.F. Flawless Finish Foundation Liquid Makeup
This product has a lightweight, oil-free formula that will not leave your skin with a shiny finish. It provides exceptional coverage that is far superior to traditional stick foundations. It has a unique formula that restores the skin’s brightness and smooths uneven textures.
- Lightweight formula.
- Comes in a shade range of 20 different shades, making it easy to find your perfect shade to match your skin tone.
- Provides medium-to-full coverage for flawless-looking skin.
- Cruelty and oil-free.
- Powered with glycerin
- Improves uneven skin tone.
- Contains skin-friendly ingredients like glycerin.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Does not contains parabens, phthalates, or sulfates.
#7. Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation
Perfect For Combination Skin Type
This foundation is long-lasting and will take away any shine for up to eight hours. It is also ultra-lightweight, so it won’t get too oily on hot days whole still hiding your skin’s imperfections. It comes in the form of a liquid mousse foundation, making it easy to apply to the skin.
This product is non-toxic and suitable for sensitive skin.
- Effortlessly create a flawless photo-ready matte face.
- Keeps oil at bay.
- Matte coverage.
- Lightweight formula that won’t feel heavy or greasy.
- Conceals imperfections.
- Controls the appearance of pores.
- Perfect for oily to combination skin.
#8. Iman Luxury Concealing Foundation
Provides Full coverage
Don’t be deceived by the luxury product name, it’s available in drugstores, and the price won’t break the bank. This is a great choice for oily skin and is versatile and highly pigmented. You can use it as a foundation or concealer, and it comes in an easy-to-use pump. It leaves the skin with a soft, satin finish and is resistant to shine, and gives a demi-matte finish.
- Conceal imperfections, dark circles, and unevenness.
- Builds coverage for spot concealing.
- Lightweight, non-greasy with a demi-matte finish.
- Ultra matte finish.
- Uses vitamins A and E to enhance skin’s natural radiance.
#9. Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation
Provides SPF 20 Protection
This foundation is a great choice if you’re looking for a traditional pressed foundation. This foundation is compact, so it can be taken with you wherever you go.
It only uses gentle and pure minerals as its ingredients that have been carefully selected by dermatologists to ensure that your skin will glow naturally. The foundation also contains antioxidants that enhance your natural vibrance. The foundation won’t clog pores, which can help to prevent acne.
- Made with pure, gentle, selected minerals.
- Blends effortlessly for sheer to medium coverage.
- Oil and fragrance-free.
- Provides SPF 20 protection against UVA/UVB rays.
- Perfect for acne-prone skin.
#10. L.A. Girl Pro Matte Foundation
Enriched WIth Vitamins
This is another long-lasting foundation perfect for those with oily skin. The matte finish means your skin won’t be shiny and will give you a more natural look.
It is effective in reducing fine lines and pores. It can be smoothed and built up, no matter if you need full or medium coverage. Reduces acne breakouts.
- Gives full coverage.
- Cruelty and paraben-free formula.
- Powered with vitamin E, B5, and sunflower oil
- Safe for all skin types [including acne-prone skin].
- Matches any skin tone.
- Provides an even, matte finish.
- Conceals pores and fine lines for a flawless look.
- Sets quickly and lasts throughout the day.
Choosing a Drugstore Foundation for Oily Skin
There are many options for foundations in drugstores. Keep in mind, however, that not all drugstore foundations will be suitable for every skin type. If you suffer from oily skin you may wish to consider:
Ensure that the foundation does not contain oil. This will only exasperate your issue with oily skin.
A foundation with a matte finish is great because it reduces shine even on hot days.
Also, make sure the foundation is durable. If your skin begins to produce excessive sebum, regular foundations will not last!
Medium to full coverage
Choose a foundation with medium-to-full coverage if you have oily skin. This will reduce the shine that can build up on your skin.
You should still look natural, even if you have a foundation. You must choose the right foundation color for your skin.
Non-comedogenic products will keep your skin clear and won’t clog your pores. They’re great because they don’t contain oils, which can lead to breakouts or enlarged pore size!
Remember to look for a product with both non-comedogenic AND oil-free properties when shopping so as not to irritate sensitive skin!
The Right Way to Apply a Foundation on your Oily Skin
You can still look glamorous and elegant without investing in ‘luxury’ makeup. It all comes down to how you apply it. Here are some tips:
- As part of the preparation to set the foundation, you should first clean your skin. You can use a cleansing brush or an exfoliating cleaner to give yourself a great base to build on.
- After you clean your skin, you can apply a moisturizer. A water-based moisturizer is essential for oily skin. For sun protection, choose one with at least 15 SPF.
- To get rid of any oily residues on your skin, use a blotting sheet. You can also use clean tissue.
- Apply a primer to your foundation. Make sure the primer is made for oily skin. Do not use primers that claim to be ultra-hydrating, as they will only make your skin appear oilier.
- Apply your foundation to the skin. You can either use your fingers or a makeup sponge if the foundation is liquid-based. You will need a soft brush if you are using powder foundation.
- Apply a translucent setting powder after setting the foundation. This will help cover up oily areas of the skin.
- You should always have a piece of blotting paper handy throughout the day. This will immediately reduce the oily areas of your face.
How to Take Care of your Oily Skin
If your skincare routine is not well planned, oily skin can make life miserable. Here are some important skincare tips.
- No matter if your skin is oily or not, it is important to cleanse. Do this at least twice daily – morning and evening. This will reduce the amount of oil on the skin that causes it to become greasy.
- You should include a moisturizer in your daily skincare routine. These products will remove impurities and moisturize the skin. Look for products designed for oily skin.
- No matter what skin care product you use, make sure to examine the ingredients. You should avoid SD alcohol and denatured alcohol. Menthol and Eucalyptus should be avoided if your skin tends to tingle.
- Look out for non-comedogenic products. This means the product won’t clog pores. They can be used to control oiliness and prevent breakouts.
- Make sure you have a product that absorbs excess oil from your skin such as blotting papers.
- You can also reduce your stress levels to control oiliness and have healthier skin. You will look radiant if you live a healthy, relaxed lifestyle.
Oily skin doesn’t need to hold back your beauty! You will always look beautiful and fresh with the best drugstore foundations oily skin. Your foundation will not budge, even if you have excess sebum or when it is hot.
The products in this list will give your skin a flawless finish without any glaze.
I love staying healthy by doing working out and yoga. I am mother of a beautiful baby girl, I spend most of my time caring for her while still managing work obligations.