Oily skin can make your face look like a glazed doughnut. This will make you appear naturally shinier. Reflective surfaces will appear on the T-zone and chin. This could be a nightmare for anyone!
Foundations are best avoided by people with oily skin. They can easily budge and fade when you sweat, or when your skin becomes oily. This is only true if you select the wrong product. You can prevent this from happening by choosing the best drugstore foundation to oily skin. These foundations are affordable and highly effective.
We’ll tell you which drugstore foundation is best for oily skin.
Our Top Picks for the Best Drugstore Foundation for Oily Skin
A matte-finish foundation is recommended to reduce oiliness and avoid excessive shine. A foundation that is oil-free will also work. Below are some options for you to consider if you don’t know which product to purchase.
#1. Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation
This liquid foundation is specifically formulated for oily skin types as well as those with combination skin. The long-wear formula allows the product to remain on the skin for as much as 24 hours. This is a great feature. This product is not like others, which can easily smudge and fade, especially if your skin becomes oily. It has a matte finish that prevents too much shine. It’s also great that the main ingredient is salicylic Acid. This makes it more effective at controlling oil production and minimising pores.
#2. L’Oréal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation
This oil-free liquid foundation is made by another well-known drugstore makeup brand. It can provide a matte and tight finish to the skin. The liquid foundation is expected to last for 24 hours, so you don’t need to reapply throughout your day. The formula is light and non-greasy, even though it’s creamy. It won’t make you feel uncomfortable even when it’s hot. It glides easily on the skin and is smooth. It can smoothen pores and conceal other imperfections.
#3. Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation
This liquid foundation has been approved and tested by dermatologists. It has also been proven safe for allergies. This foundation can be used on all skin types. According to the manufacturer, it will match any skin color. It also comes with micro powders that will help to control shine throughout the day. This is why people with oily skin love it.
#4. Milani Conceal + Perfect Foundation and Concealer
This product is not only for oily skin. It is suitable for all skin types. This foundation is rich in pigments that will conceal your imperfections. This foundation will give your skin a flawless look. This product’s versatility is the best part. It can be used as both a foundation and concealer. It can serve two purposes, which will save you space.
#5. COVERGIRL Advanced Radiance Age Defying Liquid Foundation
If you’re looking for an affordable foundation for oily skin, this is it. This foundation is a great choice if you are looking for flawless skin. It will hide wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of skin ageing. The foundation is durable and will last throughout the day. It also contains Olay Amino-Peptide Complex that will blend with the skin to conceal imperfections.
#6. E.L.F. Flawless Finish Foundation Liquid Makeup
This is why we included it on our recommendation list. It has a light formula. It’s also oil-free so it will not leave your skin with a shiny finish. It provides exceptional coverage that is far superior to traditional stick foundations. This foundation has a unique formula that can restore the skin’s brightness and smoothen uneven textures. This foundation is cruelty-free, vegan and non-comedogenic.
#7. Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation
This foundation is rated the best. It can take away any shine for up eight hours. It is not only long-lasting but it will also make your skin smoother and more flawless. This foundation effectively hides imperfections. It is also ultra-lightweight, so it won’t get too oily on hot days. It comes in the form a liquid mousse foundation, making it easy to apply to the skin. It is non-toxic, so it’s suitable for anyone with sensitive skin.
#8. Iman Luxury Concealing Foundation
Don’t be deceived by the luxury product name. It is available in drugstores, and the price won’t break the bank. This is a great choice for oily skin. It is versatile and highly pigmented. It can be used as a foundation, concealer and even as a foundation. It comes in an easy-to-use pump, which is a big plus. It leaves the skin with a soft, satiny finish and is resistant to shine.
#9. Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation
This foundation is a great choice if you’re looking for a traditional pressed foundation. This foundation is compact, so it can be taken with you wherever you go. It uses only gentle and pure minerals as its ingredients. These ingredients have been carefully selected by dermatologists to ensure that your skin will glow naturally. The foundation also contains antioxidants which allow you to achieve different looks. The foundation won’t clog pores, which can help to prevent acne.
#10. L.A. Girl Pro Matte Foundation
Another foundation that can last a long time, even for those with oily skin. The matte finish means your skin won’t be shiny. It is effective in reducing fine lines and pores. Its suede-like appearance looks natural. It can be smoothed and built up, no matter if you need full or medium coverage.
Choosing a Drugstore Foundation for Oily Skin
There are many options for foundations in drugstores. Keep in mind, however, that not all foundations will be suitable for every skin type. Keep in mind, especially if your skin is oily, the following will be helpful:
Ensure that the foundation does not contain oil. It is important to ensure that the foundation does not contain oils. Oily skin can become more oily.
The foundation’s matte finish is great because it reduces shine even on hot days.
Also, make sure the foundation is durable. If your skin begins to produce excessive sebum, foundations that aren’t made for oily skin can easily be ruined.
Medium to full coverage
Choose a foundation with a medium-to-full coverage if you have oily skin. This will reduce the shine that can build up on your skin.
You should still look natural, even if you have a foundation. It is important that you choose the right foundation color for your skin.
The Right Way to Apply a Foundation on your Oily Skin
Even if you only have a foundation from a drugstore, it can make your look glamorous and elegant. It all comes down to how you apply it. Here are some tips:
- As part of the preparation to set the foundation, you should first clean your skin. A cleansing brush can also be used to remove the oil. It is recommended to use an exfoliating cleaner.
- After your skin has been cleaned, you can apply a moisturizer. A moisturizer is essential for oily skin. A water-based moisturizer is the best. For sun protection, choose one that has at least 15 SPF.
- To get rid of any oily residues on your skin, use a blotting sheet. You can also use a clean tissue.
- Applying a primer to your foundation before applying makeup is a good idea. Make sure the primer is made for oily skin. Do not use primers that claim to be ultra-hydrating, as they will only make your skin appear oilier.
- Apply your foundation to the skin. The exact steps depend on which foundation you use. You can either use your fingers or a makeup sponge if the foundation is liquid-based. You will need a soft brush if you are using powder foundation.
- Apply a translucent setting powder after setting the foundation. This will help to cover up oily areas of the skin.
- You should always have a piece of blotting paper handy throughout the day. This will immediately reduce the oily areas of your face.
How to Take Care of your Oily Skin
You will be 100% in agreement with me when it says that oily skin can make life miserable. But, this is only true if your skin care routine is not well-planned. Here are some important tips for skin care.
- No matter if your skin is oily or not, it is important to cleanse. Do this at least twice daily – morning and evening. This will reduce the amount of oil on the skin that causes it to become greasy.
- You should include a moisturizer in your daily skincare routine. These products will remove impurities and moisturize the skin. These products should be formulated for oily skin.
- No matter what skincare product you use, make sure to examine the ingredients. You should avoid SD alcohol and denatured alcohol. Menthol and Eucalyptus should be avoided if you have a tendency to tingle.
- Look out for products that are non-comedogenic. This means the product won’t clog pores. They can be used to control oiliness and prevent breakouts.
- Make sure you have a product that absorbs excess oil from your skin such as blotting papers.
- You can also reduce your stress levels to control oiliness and have healthier skin. You will look radiant if you live a healthy, relaxed lifestyle.
You will always look beautiful and fresh with the best drugstore foundations oily skin. Your foundation will not budge, even if you have excess sebum or when it is hot. They give the skin a flawless finish without any glaze.
Other related articles on Oily Skin –