Oiliness is one of the most common skin problems among men. This can be exacerbated by the use of the wrong facial care products. The skin can overreact, the pores can clog, and the skin might produce more oil rather than minimizing sebum.
To solve the problem, you need to invest in the best men’s face wash for oily skin, including those that will be briefly mentioned in the rest of this post. These products are formulated for the tough face of men, which is also effective in preventing breakouts.
Our Top Picks for the Best Men’s Face Wash for Oily Skin
Clueless about the right product to choose? If you are finding it hard to decide, keep on reading and we’ll help you become a well-informed buyer.
CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Although it is formulated not only for men but also for women, it deserves to be on the top spot of our list. It is free of fragrances and parabens. It should be noted that it is not only for oily skin but also for all skin types. One of the main ingredients is hyaluronic acid, which helps the skin to retain its natural moisture. Meanwhile, it also has niacinamide to prevent breakouts and inflammation, among other problems that are common for people who have oily skin.
Rugged and Dapper Face Wash for Men
One of the reasons why this is pre-loved by many is the fact that it is multi-purpose. In fact, the manufacturer advertises this product as a skin fuel for men. Aside from being a face wash, it can also double as a facial scrub and toner, which will help address the oiliness of the skin. It gets rid of the excess oil and grime on this surface of the skin, making it effective in controlling shine and prevention of breakouts.
Cetaphil Pro DermaControl Oil Removing Foam Wash
This is made by a brand that is known for its gentle cleansers, so you can be confident that it will be effective against oily skin. Because it is gentle, you can use it daily without worrying that it will cause the skin to dry. Even if you are using prescription treatments for acne, this product can offer the perfect solution as it is free of harsh ingredients. It contains zinc technology, which is the one that soothes the skin without irritation.
L’Oréal Paris Skincare Men Expert Hydra Energetic Facial Cleanser with Charcoal
This face wash is infused with charcoals, which will help in addressing five common skin care problems – oiliness, clogged pores, dullness, dirt, and stickiness. It has a special formulation to deal with the tough skin of men, which is naturally more active in the production of oil compared to the skin of women. It starts out black and transforms into a rich foam upon application on the face.
Brickell Men’s Clarifying Gel Face Wash for Men
Easily take care of your oily skin with the use of this excellent face wash. It is natural and organic, providing an assurance that it will work even for those with sensitive skin. There is no need to worry about irritation. It gets rid of excess oil on the skin while preventing dryness. Among others, the effectiveness can be attributed to the use of geranium as one of its main ingredients. It is known as an antiseptic, allowing it to eliminate impurities.
Nivea for Men Original Moisturizing Face Wash
You do not need to worry about excess oils as this face wash will be aneffective choice. Plus, it also helps in removing excess dirt that water alone cannot eliminate. It has ingredients that won’t cause dryness to the skin. It will also unclog the pores without causing a feeling of tightness. The manufacturer recommends that it should be used along with their protective lotion, which will help in protecting the skin from the harsh heat of the sun.
Safe House Naturals Detox Face and Body Wash
One of the best things about this product is its versatility since it functions not only as a face wash but also as a body wash. It is all-natural and organic. It is also vegan and cruelty-free. It is filled with essential oils that will be effective in controlling the production of sebum, promoting healing, and clarifying skin. If you are unhappy within 30 days as to the results of using the product, you can return it to the manufacturer and you will be given an unconditional refund.
Tree to Tub Gentle Soapberry for Face
Most of the men who used this facial wash expressed words of praises, although it is advertised as a unisex product. It is a balancing acne cleanser that is gentle on oily skin. It can effectively balance the natural oils of the skin, making it easy to eliminate shine without causing dryness. Some of the main ingredients that are used in its formulation include soapberry, shea butter, aloe vera, and coconut. They are all known for their moisturizing benefits.
Neutrogena Men’s Invigorating Daily Foaming Gel Face Wash
Keep your skin fresh and clean with the use of this oil-free facial wash! It has been tested and approved by dermatologists, providing you with peace of mind that it will indeed work when it comes to cleaning deep into the pores without causing dryness. It also has a cooling effect, which will be great to invigorate and refresh the skin. Lastly, even with daily use, it won’t cause any form of irritation.
Every Man Jack Skin Clearing Face Wash
This is another product that is oil-free, making it a great choice formen who have oily skin. As the manufacturer claims, it will be effective inimproving the texture and clarity of the skin while also preventing breakouts.It prevents acne by controlling the skin’s production of sebum. Also, acne won’t be a problem because it does not come with a harsh formula that might end up irritating the skin.
Minamul Organic Men’s Face Wash
This is a face wash with an all-natural list of ingredients and formulated specifically for men. One of the main ingredients is jojoba oil, which is effective in exfoliating the dead skin cells. There are no parabens, dyes, and synthetic fragrances, among other ingredients that can be harsh on the skin. While it is great for men with oily skin, it should be noted that it also works for those with a dry, combination, or sensitive skin.
pHisoderm Anti-Blemish Gel Cleanser
If you have oily skin, this is another product that should be on your radar. It will help to control oiliness and prevent breakouts while also making sure that it does not strip the natural moisture that is present in the skin.The formula is pH-balanced, which also makes it gentle on the skin. Although it is medicated, it is non-irritating. It is also free of alcohol and dyes, among other harsh ingredients.
Rocky Mountain Men’s Deep Cleansing Daily Facial Wash
This is not just for men with oily skin. Rather, it is formulated to work for all skin types. It is non-comedogenic, which means that it won’t clog the pores while being effective in controlling oiliness. The formula is also non-irritating as it makes use of natural ingredients. One of the main components is chamomile floral water, which helps in providing the moisture that the skin needs without being too shiny.
Clinique for Men Oil Control Face Wash
This is made by a company that is trusted in the world of cosmetics, making it one of the best products you should include in your list. Even if you have normal or combination skin, this is a face wash that holds a lot of promise. It will make your skin fresher and look younger without causing the pores to tighten or clog. It is also an excellent way to prepare the skin before shaving to minimize the chances of irritation.
Desert Essence Thorough Skin Face Wash Oily Skin
Wrapping up our list is another gentle cleansing facial wash that works not only for men but even for women. It has organic tea tree oil, which is one of the secrets for its effectiveness in tackling oiliness. It is a natural antiseptic, allowing it to clean the face without leaving the skin dry. It also has chamomile, Hawaiian white ginger, and goldenseal, among other main ingredients.
What Causes Oily Skin?
To fully understand the best ways to combat oiliness of the skin, it is important to know its underlying causes, which include the following:
- Genetics: Oily skin runs on the blood. If you have from your immediate family someone who has oily skin, there is a high likelihood that you will have the same fate as well.
- Age: As you grow older, the skin will produce less sebum, making it less oily. Therefore, oily skin is a more common problem among young people, especially those in their puberty.
- Lifestyle: From stress to overdoing your skincare routine, there are also certain lifestyle factors that can cause the skin to produce more oil than necessary.
- Environment: If you live in a place that is humid or hot, there is also a higher tendency that the skin will excrete more sebum, and hence, oiliness will be a problem.
- Diet: The foods that you eat are also to be blamed for your oily skin, especially if you are into those with dairy, refined carbohydrates, and sugar.
- Skincare Products: Using products with the wrong ingredients, especially harsh chemicals, can also be the culprit if you have oily skin.
Choosing the Best Men’s Face Wash for Oily Skin
As you try to differentiate the options that are available, below are some of the most important things you need to consider:
- Avoid chemicals and artificial ingredients, including parabens, synthetic dyes, and fragrances. They can dry your face. Ironically, this can also lead to oiliness.
- Look for a facial wash that contains natural and organic ingredients. Geranium is known as an antiseptic and will be great for the pores. Coconut, meanwhile, is a powerful cleanser for the face without causing dryness. Aloe is also excellent as it naturally hydrates the skin without adding shine or oil.
- Salicylic-based cleansers are also recommended, especially if you are prone to acne. It is effective in unclogging the pores and eliminating excess oil on the face.
Other Ways to Cope with Oily Skin
Your first line of defense against oiliness is the use of a facial wash that controls sebum production, including those that have been mentioned above. Nonetheless, there are other things that you can do to deal with your oily skin, including the following tips:
- Be gentle when it comes to your skincare routine. For instance, avoid using water that is too hot. Also, be intelligent with the products used in the face and make sure that they are free of harsh ingredients.
- Do not forget to moisturize. If you think that moisturizers only make the oiliness worse, you are wrong! Extra moisture is needed by the skin and it does not make it oily. Take note that moisture and oil are two things that are entirely different from each other.
- It is not enough that you wash your skin. You should also tone regularly as this will allow the pores to close and will limit the production of oil.
- Changes in your lifestyle are also necessary. Poor diet and stress are some of the factors that can cause oily skin. Try to be more relaxed most of the time and eat healthier foods.
- Stay away from steroids. If you want to be jacked, there is no shortcut. Building muscles take time, and unfortunately, steroids are not helpful. They can result in multiple side effects, including oily skin and acne.
As they say, oiliness is next to ugliness. With this, men should pay attention to how to take care of their oily skin, which is possible by using the products that have been briefly listed above. These are effective incontrolling the production of oil without causing the skin to appear too dry.